What is Really the Purpose and True Nature of Meditation?



Why is Meditation so important?

Each of us carries within burdens of thoughts and emotions, which are the only thing that separates us from our natural state of inner peace, comfort, bliss, happiness and love. Even biologically, this is our natural state - when our parasympathetic nervous system is activated, when we feel safe. And the best way to reach this state and clear the burdens from our inner world is to meditate...

The first step is becoming an "Observer"

The first goal of meditation is to become an observer of your thoughts, so that they don`t control you, to remain in nothingness where there is only peace and to detach yourself from absolutely everything in the world... Beyond time and space... To break away from the earthly world, to free yourself from everything as if nothing here matters and then to return as if you were coming to earth for the first time, as a blank sheet of paper on which you can draw whatever you want. 

Detaching, distancing, forgetting...meeting the real you, beyond everything else. Purification of burdens can happen when you completely separate yourself from reality and distance yourself from it and simply forget about it. And then what remains is only the freedom, the purity of burdens, the peace beyond because all of the burdens are connected to reality and are blocking the way to your inner sanctuary and your soul - this is your true essence and it exists beyond your problems and burdens, it is always there and they aren`t.

Reconnecting with your inner self

Next step: To return to my inner sanctuary, beyond all thoughts and emotions, to make the decision that I rule myself, not they. First, I remember all the emotions I've experienced, from the best to the worst, to realize that my emotions are not me, they are always changing and they are only on the surface as well as my thoughts. I am the only one inside me, there is nothing else if I decided to do so.

I decide not to identify with the burdens, to imagine each one of them and realize that they are something completely separate from me, which has no relation to my essence, to what I am deep inside myself, and therefore can not affect me if I decide so. Burdens do not define me - they are outside and I am inside. They can not be a part of my true deep eternal self, they come and go. 

I let go of thoughts and emotions through complete relaxation. I repeat to myself: “My heart is safe and I relax and detach myself from everything and get closer to myself.” 

The main idea on the basis of Mindfulness

It also helps to practice Mindfulness by focusing on the present, as if there is nothing beyond it: “I am here now. Now in this present moment I am truly alive, only this present moment is real, everything else is only in my imagination and is unreal, it is not in reality because only now is real, only the present moment. Only here and now I am really alive, I am not in my past, I am not in my future because I am alive only here and now. 

At this very moment I am alive, so I can decide what to look at, what to do, what to think, and how to feel, this freedom is what makes me alive. And using this freedom I decide that all past and future in my imagination will cease to dominate my consciousness and I will focus my mind fully on the present, only in which I am truly alive. 

And if I choose to be present only and entirely in the present, to turn off my imagination, then everything beyond the present ceases to exist and I am like new, completely pure, free of all the burdens of the past and the future, and I am just me, the pure true me.”

The results of my Meditation

So I gave up on everything, dropped everything... I realized that nothing is more important than taking care of myself because I am the center of my personal universe – it couldn`t exist without me, so I deserve my full love.

 

I will share a link to my personal favorite meditation music which helps me to relax and implement these meditation techniques:

Beautiful Relaxing Music Stress Relief   

 

If you want to start practicing meditation, but it is hard for you to do it on your own and you are too busy throughout your daily life, I recommend these  16 guided audio meditations and 7 guided video meditations (if you prefer not to stay with your eyes closed) alongside a good explanation of quality meditation techniques and tips for those who struggle to meditate.

3-Minute-Meditations (click here to check it)

   






Comments